Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Epic Fail

Since Spring is here and the weather has been so great I thought I would commemorate the season with a nice picture of Dottie wearing my flower bonnet. Cute right? I thought so. Too bad Dottie didn't think it was such a great idea. Well, she thought the hat was great for eating, but not so great for picture taking.

Here she is trying to make a snack out of it...























The closest I came to getting her to pose with it was when she was distracted for a second because of a bird and I at least got a shot of her standing behind it. Woohoo...























Not to be deterred by Dottie's lack of cooperation I headed back inside in search of Alven. I not only changed dog choices, but I also decided that maybe it would be easier to get the shot indoors in front of the glass door. Less distractions, but at least we would be able to see the yard through the glass. In life we must often compromise and I was willing to do so today. Usually Alven is my go-to-pup when it comes to posing for ridiculous pictures, but I guess he just wasn't feeling it today...that or I just finally broke his spirit.























Then Dottie showed up and starting making fun of him and he was forced to defend the last remaining shreds of dignity he had left.

























Did I perhaps think of enlisting the aid of Flash you ask? Or, had I finally caught on that the dogs were just not having it?

The picture is blurry because the second I put the hat down he high tailed it out of there in 0.0001 seconds.























I might have lost the battle, but I will win the war. Hopefully that will occur this weekend when Joe is home to help me take the pictures. Apparently, at my house this is a two person job.

7 comments:

  1. Some of us are very "shy" of the flasher beastie thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the humilation of it all! lol!

    Beautiful bonnet, though!

    (((Hugs)) your friends
    Oskar, Schatzi & Xena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Sandra, I think it looks just wonderful, and perhaps they were not understanding what you wanted of them. Maybe next time try some bribery with treats, mom always gets us to do stuff that way. Usually though its to cut our nails, or clean our ears, nothing ever that is as much fun as your spring bonnet.

    (Run cousins!Run!RRUUNN!!)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee - what a great hat for pictures! :)

    hugs,
    b

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Nice weather! You guys are looking good!


    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel sorry for the poppies but sooo funny!
    After doing that to them i will not close my two eyes when sleeping...

    ReplyDelete
  7. They might not be the picture you were looking for...but great pictures anyway!!

    ReplyDelete