Monday, June 4, 2012

Phil


Hello humans and canines. My name is Robo Doxie and I have come from a plant far, far, away to learn about your dog civilization. I hope to be able to assimilate and go undetected amongst your kind. I have taken an earth dog name, "Phil," so that I can more easily blend into a human family. I spent a long time carefully selecting the family that I would join and I finally chose this one. My reasoning is quite simple. They seemed strange to begin with, so my presence would not cause alarm. I had but to approach their dwelling and act pathetic and they immediately accepted me into their clan.



Now that I have achieved my first objective and joined a family I will study them carefully so that I can learn as much as possible about these strange creatures. How do they live? What do they eat? Why are they not made out of metal? The humans leave for long intervals of time to a place they call "work," so I am able to observe the dogs without interruption.

The blond one and the red headed one chase each other constantly, but I can't seem to figure out what the point of it is. They seem to get much enjoyment out of this running around, but it never seems to end in a clear winner. He chases her, she chases him, he chases her again. And it can end as suddenly as it began if either one is distracted by an insect, or some grass chewing.



 I tried to get a closer look at them to see if this behavior might be caused by some kind of brain damage. I approached the red-headed one first. He goes by the name, "Alven." I touched his nose with my organic life-form sensor and could not detect any kind of abnormality, though he did seem to pose a large amount of something humans call, "sexyness."


After my examination of Alven I decided that I might have been too obvious in my scientific studies, as I seemed to arouse the suspicion of the older one. He is called "Flash," and while he mostly keeps to himself I can tell it would not be wise to get on his bad side. The tables were then turned when he decided to examine me.


 I remained calm and allowed him to look me over. It would not be in my best interest to be found out so soon. From now on I will be more careful with my observations. Thankfully, I passed the test and was allowed to rejoin the rest of the dogs. I will keep you updated as to what else I am able to uncover.


3 comments:

  1. Oh Sandra... I sooo enjoy checking out your blog!

    - Renee (Peanut's mom!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a good one! Collect them and one day you can put them together in a children's book. I like it!

    ReplyDelete